Enfocus Connect ALL
Make it easy for everyone to send perfect PDFs
Design is what designers love. Preparing layouts for production… not so much.
Production settings and technical details to deliver jobs to you are often confusing and when settings are missed, it usually leads to more frustration and delays.
Connect removes the confusion for proper PDF creation and job delivery by giving the control to the expert: you!
- Your customers experience less pain.
- You benefit from consistency to the jobs you receive.
- Your production keeps flowing smoothly.
How it works
Connect is a new approach to help ease technical hurdles for your creative clients, while reducing corrections and delays in production.
How it works? Connect creates Connectors. Connectors are little applications that can perform a variety of tasks defined by you. Primary tasks include:
- Print ready PDF creation
- PDF Preflight and correction
- Job Ticketing
- File delivery to a variety of servers
- Discover the full feature list of Connect
Once created, distribute Connectors to your customers giving them a simple way to preflight their PDFs and a direct link to your production.
Connect vs. other delivery methods
Distributing Connectors to Clients
There many ways Connect ALL customers can distribute Connectors to their clients. Common ways are:
- Posting “general use” Connectors for download on their web site.
- Distributing through current servers used with clients to exchange files — such as an FTP site, or Drop Box.
- Placing on a USB drive and having the client sales representative take it to the client.
Keeping customers up-to-date
Of course, things always change and when they do, you may need to update your Connectors in the field with new settings.
With Connect ALL, there’s a built-in update function. Once set-up, all you have to do is update your Connector project in Connect, then publish an update to your update server. After that, the next time the customer launches a Connector, it will see the update, notify the user and update their settings automatically.
Connect ALL Technical Specifications
- Define and manage as many Connector projects as needed.
- Create and distribute unlimited number of Connectors.
- Create Connectors for Mac OS and Windows.
- Customize the functions of each Connector.
- Brand Connectors with your icon and background image.
- Add your customer URL link to the Connector screen.
- Add your custom instructions to the Connector screen.
- Colorize text to match your custom background.
- Lock Connector projects to avoid accidental changes.
Connector Functions – PDF Creation
- Enable a virtual printer for PDF creation from any application.
- Enable Plug-in support for Creative Suite and Creative Cloud products.
- Virtual printer PDF creation through the built-in Adobe Normalizer.
- Pre-define PDF settings using standard Adobe PDF Setting.
- Automatically rename PDFs with static text and variables.
- Use Job Ticket fields as variables in PDF file naming.
- Adjust Bleeds, marks and more for Creative Suite/Cloud applications.
- Restrict printing for client-side saved PDFs created by Connectors.
- Apply Pitstop Action List to client-side saved PDFs created by Connectors.
Connector Functions – PDF Preflight
- Define a PitStop Pro Preflight Profile to verify PDFs meet your standards.
- Define a PitStop Pro Action List to correct common PDF problems.
- Enable color management settings for PDFs.
- Enable Certified PDF “full save”.
- Restrict or allow PDFs that fail preflight to be delivered.
- Select to deliver a preflight report.
- Select from all preset or custom Pitstop preflight report styles to be used by a Connector.
- Select to deliver an annotated preflight report.
- Enable or disable preflight review for Connector users.
- Add a preflight results identifier to file names.
- Use Smart Preflight with electronic job tickets to customize preflight settings.
Connector Functions – Job Tickets
- Define custom job tickets with a variety of fields for text entry, dates, numbers, lists and more.
- Use job tickets defined in an Enfocus Switch submit point when delivering to Switch.
- Deliver Job Tickets in XML, Switch XML, TXT or CSV formats.
- Append preflight results to XML, CSV, or TXT job tickets.
- Send Job Ticket only from Connectors.
Connector Functions — Delivery
- Delivery of any file type and folders.
- Deliver to FTP, sFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, Dropbox, local folders, Email, or Enfocus Switch servers.
- Restrict any file type for processing and delivery by a Connector.
- Define up to two delivery points.
- Define what files (job files, job tickets, or preflight reports) get delivered to each delivery point.
- Pre-define user name and password for no-hassle log-in.
- Compress jobs and job folders before delivery.
- Password protect job archives.
- Restrict the maximum file size allowed.
Connector Functions — Remote Update
- Define an FTP, SFTP or HTTP(S) server as your update server.
Connector functions — End user side
- Easily access and manage Connectors through the Connector menu extra/task bar icon.
- Modify email or proxy settings to accommodate some firewall-protected networks.
- Define/modify local folder paths for file delivery.
- Reset warning and messages.
- View processing log.
- Delete and manage installed Connectors.