ICC Color Management
In-RIP Process Control For Predictable Color Reproduction
Harlequin ColorPro™ provides excellent color process control, giving accurate, consistent and predictable color reproduction for a wide range of workflows. Harlequin ColorPro provides full support for industry standard ICC profiles (including device link and N-channel profiles) avoiding dependence on the generic, system level color management of the computer's operating system.
In-RIP Color Management
Decisions about color and output devices can be made late in the production process. With Harlequin ColorPro, a job can be targeted (or re-targeted) to a particular printing process or proofer at the last moment, without requiring any changes in the job itself.
Accurate Color Reproduction on any Device
Reproducing color outside of the color gamut of a particular device is handled by Harlequin ColorPro through the use of "rendering intents", including support for object-based rendering intents.
Customized Color Corrections
Apply global color corrections (e.g., "warmer", "brighter") using the color slider controls when creating custom rendering intents.
ICC Profile Support
Harlequin ColorPro provides full support of the ICC profile format (through version 4.x of the ICC specification), defined by the International Color Consortium, to allow the installation and use of any profile meeting this industry standard.
Unique "Device-Link" Profile Support
Harlequin ColorPro delivers full "device-link" profile support for direct CMYK-to-CMYK color transformations, providing the most accurate color possible while delivering an efficient color production workflow.
Harlequin allows you to keep your output color correct without needing to re-profile frequently by providing a much simpler and faster calibration process that can account for differences between your device and the master for which a profile was made, or for the day-to-day drift that can occur, especially when switching to a new batch of media. Multiple calibration curves are provided to account for variations in different parts of the process separately, e.g. for plate-making and the press.
Harlequin ColorPro includes full tables for all PANTONE Uncoated, Coated, Goe and Plus colors. These are used when printing spot colors with process, HiFi or PhotoInk ink sets to ensure accurate color reproduction. The user can choose to use the latest colors from PANTONE Plus, or to ensure an accurate repeat printing of older jobs by selecting the previous color for each PANTONE color name.
- N color profile support
- Gray Profile support
- Custom Rendering Intents
- Global Color Correction in LAB space
- Emulation - Allows for RGB-LAB-CMYK workflows. Based on research and discussions within the ICC body, the future of pre-press workflow will move in part to RGB. This feature will allow an RGB workflow to produce a press accurate proof. Mixed colorspace (RGB/CMYK) page layouts can be accurately proofed as well.
- Black threshold control added to Rendering intents – fine tune the black requirements for your proofs to simulate UCR/GCR requirements.
- ICC Input, Output, Display, DeviceLink and Named color profiles
- ICC versions 2 and 4
- Grey, RGB, CMY, CMYK, N-channel profiles
- Harlequin format device profiles
- Override (pre-existing) profiles in file
- File-based rendering intents
- Object based rendering intents
- Auto-switch within ICC Profile
- User selectable default styles (absolute colorimetric, perceptual, relative colorimetric, saturation)
- Custom rendering intents
- Selectable black generation
- Maximum ink
- Global color adjustment (color sliders)
- Selectable default input profiles for CMYK, RGB and Gray data
- Act on "output intent" profiles in PDF/X and PDF/VT files
- Accurate rendering of named PANTONE colors
- PANTONE Uncoated, PANTONE Coated, PANTONE Goe, PANTONE Plus
- Preserve 100% process black
- Selectable paper background
- Device calibration sets
- Device emulation
- Selectable viewing conditions
- Selectable black-point compensation