Fast, Accurate and Automated In-Rip Trapping
Fusion RIP for OS X and Windows. TrapPro uses the Device-Oriented Display List that is generated in the Fusion RIP. This allows the trapping engine to trap everything the RIP renders, with pixel accuracy, and with great speed.
The TrapPro object-based raster engine delivers outstanding performance and excellent memory
utilization. It adds the features demanded by top printers and publishers and is designed to
professionally trap jobs automatically. Trap rules can easily be set up to accommodate different types of jobs or customers. Trap settings can be saved, improving both quality and productivity.
• Shaded Fill (radial & axial) support.
• Full N-color Support for CMYK and spot colors.
• Protection for small text and graphic elements.
• Sliding Traps -creates smooth transitions in trapping gradients / vignettes.
• Mitered Ends and Joins – Traps that taper or narrow to avoid unsightly artifacts.
• Narrowed/Proportional Traps – Preserve all thin design elements.
• Image Mask Support – Correctly trap masked images to avoid "lines" on mis-registration.
• Anamorphic Trapping - automatically adjusts trap widths for highest quality.
• Feathered Traps – Soft edge or feathered traps produce less visible trap lines.
• Complex image and shrill support – Support for all object types.
• Special ink Handling - metallic (opaque) and varnish (transparent).
NEW TRAP BRUSH
• Intelligently compares objects and trap requirements and adjusts the traps to be proportional to the original object.
• Prevents artifacts such as "mushroom" trap ends.
• Auto-chokes superb lacks by default, ensuring that superb lack objects maintain a sharp, crisp edge.
• Trap color density reduction to produce less visible traps between abutting colors.
• Improved efficiency over earlier Global Graphic Software solutions.
• Recognizes trap zones generated by PostScript® Language Level 3-compatible applications and evaluates only
the defined trap zones for trapping.
• Use the Harlequin RIP ROAM™ or client-based Fusion FirstPROOF to preview all applied traps.
TRAP PRO - NEW IN-LINE TRAPPING ENGINE
Trapping programs fall into the two basic categories: raster trappers and object trappers. Raster trappers analyze for traps on a pixel-by-pixel basis, where each pixel in the rasterized page is considered for trapping.
Object trappers work on the PostScript® language objects or vector objects that describe the page. This means they have considerably fewer calculations to make than raster trappers when deciding where to place traps, and are therefore considerably faster than raster trappers. Furthermore, object based trapping improves the quality and accuracy of the trap shape.
TrapPro is an object-based trapping engine that uses the Device-Oriented Display List that is generated in the Harlequin RIP. This allows the trapping engine to trap everything the RIP renders, with pixel accuracy, and with great speed. The traps are drawn with a brush and it maintains color fidelity and traps real device colors so trapping with extra grays is supported.
BENEFITS OF IN-RIP TRAPPING
A good trapping solution must be flexible enough to support various digital workflows while providing impeccable quality, proofing and previewing. In-RIP accommodates the need for last minute changes of printing conditions without requiring time-consuming human intervention, and it allows users to be able to apply the same page content for multiple purposes. These increase the throughput in prepress systems, resulting in greater profitability.
In-RIP trapping is by far the easiest trapping method to implement since, once the trapping parameters have been entered, trapping occurs automatically without the need for further intervention.
• Ease-of-use - An easy to use Graphical User Interface (GUI) allows the user to quickly configure the trapping parameters. A user can create, edit, copy and delete trap sets using the Trapping Manager. A trap set is a collection of trapping parameters that the user to easily manage diverse trapping requirements.
• Automation - Once the user specifies the parameters for trapping, the traps are automatically applied before the file is output to the media.
• Preview traps - After creating a trap set, a user can check that the traps are being generated as intended using the built-in Roam preview feature.
• Monitoring in-RIP trapping - You can use the RIP monitor window to verify that trapping is occurring in the job, and to see how many objects were trapped and how long the process took.
• Speed - The trapping itself is as fast and probably much faster than a raster engine. Since it does not have to go via an intermediate raster just for the benefit of the trapping engine, the whole workflow is very efficient.
• Quality - In generating the traps, TrapPro uses the extra information in the Harlequin Display List which provides a significant advantage over using a pure raster. The traps are clipped to the objects from which they arose, eliminating problems such as mushrooming (normally associated with brush-based traps).
• Handling of spot colors - Color separations are trapped according to their ink type that may be of the type Normal, Opaque, Opaque Ignore or Transparent. Normal ink type is trapped normally. Opaque ink type is not spread or trapped except to another opaque. Metallic is an example of opaque ink. Opaque Ignore ink type is never trapped. Transparent ink type is effectively an overprint so it is not choked or spread, except to another transparent. Varnish is an example of transparent ink.
The ink type associated with each ink may be edited using the Ink Set Manager function. Spot colors can also be added to the list of colors and an ink type assigned, enabling the user to easily control how spot colors are trapped.