Automated Image Enhancement with Interactive Control
Elpical Claro provides a complete image processing workflow for printers, publishers and online communication companies that require fast processing of high volumes of images while achieving cost reduction and improved quality.
- Provide consistently high-quality image enhancements across varied individual images
- Save massive amounts of time on producing image-specific enhancements
- Process with confidence, knowing Claro Premedia will only enhance images where needed and even perform batch image enhancement inside PDF files
- Puts you in control of your workflow with Elpical Claro Inspector that route images to Adobe® Photoshop® for side-by-side comparisons
- Seamless integration with leading workflow solutions like CCI, K4, Enfocus Switch, WoodWing, EIDOS Media, InDesign, Protec, and more
Through the Claro Individual Image Analysis, Claro Premedia individually analyzes each image for a range of specific parameters and then enhances the image for highest-quality results… even images inside a PDF.
Claro also automates other image or photo processing tasks such as intelligent ICC-based DeviceLink conversions or file format conversions.
The Elpical Claro JobClient for InDesign® offers seamless integration of the Claro Premedia workflow into InDesign.
The Claro Inspector for Photoshop® allows side-by-side viewing of original and processed image versions.
The new Claro Settings Assistant offers an easy-to-use desktop environment
for creating, modifying and personalizing settings.
Claro is easily integrated in nearly any editorial or production automation system.
Automatic image enhancement - What is good for one image is not good for the other.
A straightforward hot folder solution, simply applying one set of filters and algorithms to every image in a hot folder, will simply not do the job. Although it seems contradictory, automatic image enhancement needs an individual approach.
Claro Individual Image Analysis analyzes every individual image thoroughly, looking for such parameters as:
- color balance
- natural greens and blues
- skin tones
- EXIF information
- … and more.
Extensive individual analysis is fundamental to this image enhancement technology. This fundamental approach ensures consistent high-quality results even when the origin and quality of the original images vary significantly.
Key Features In A Claro Premedia Workflow
- Create unlimited number of hot folder based workflows (channels)
- Routing channels based on image metadata (IPTC, XMP,... ) allows to direct images to a Claro channel, a folder, ftp destination and/or email address
- Claro JobClient for Adobe InDesign seamlessly integrates image optimization in page layout workflow
- Elpical Claro Inspector for Photoshop®. Integration for optimum side-by-side control of specific images (Mac & PC)
- Embed processing information into XMP
- Professional backup of original and/or processed files
- Runs as a background server process
- Easy XML based integration into existing workflows
- High availability and load balancing capabilities in multi server environments
Claro utilizes superior enhancement techniques: for example, the sharpening algorithms. The sharpening that will be applied to a given image varies in amount and threshold, depending on the sharpness and (reduced) noise levels in the original image. A sophisticated anti-halo filter is applied to reduce the undesirable side effects of sharpening, it will even reduce existing JPEG artifacts.
Claro’s local contrast-enhancement allows for details to be preserved and enhanced both in the bright as well as in the dark areas of the image, without effecting overall brightness of the image. Individual image analysis ensures that this technique is only applied to images that require it.
Claro is available in two distinct flavors for seamless integration into existing workflows.
Claro Premedia offers seamless integration with leading workflow solutions like CCI, K4, Enfocus
Switch, WoodWing, EIDOS Media, InDesign, Protec and more. Through its full XML and web-services based integration capabilities, Claro allows an easy integration into existing workflows.
Claro Single is an integration module for automatic image processing that fits seamlessly into many
standards-based workflows such as Enfocus Switch® or Fusion WorkflowESP®.
Through its command line interface it can also easily be integrated in home-grown workflows.
More Key Features
- Images inside PDF files can be enhanced, resampled and color converted
- ICC based color conversions and profile assignment & embedding
- CMYK-to-CMYK conversions without conversion to LAB
- Save Ink (limit total area coverage)
- Device link profile generation, based on source and destination profile
- DeviceLink channels for CMYK to CMYK conversion
- Influence rendering intent based on out-of-gamut percentage
- Resampling and resizing of images
- Add processing data in the XMP data of the processed file
- Local contrast enhancement of image details with respect for overall image brightness
- Superior control over and dynamic optimization of sharpness, brightness, saturation, noise, black point/white point, and color balance
- Recognition and dynamic optimization of natural greens, blues and skin tones
- Reduce JPEG artifacts
- Red eye reduction, based on image analysis and/or exit flash info
- ''Contrast in luminosity mode" option to isolate contrast manipulation from color manipulation
- Optional brightness curve to preserve contrast by only manipulating the image's mid-tones
- Claro Individual Image Analysis for automated image enhancement based on each image’s specific requirements
- Consistent image enhancements across a wide range of image types (TIFF, JPEG, DCS-RAW, Photoshop EPS, BMP, etc.)
- File output support for TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, GIF, PNG, EPS, PSD
(including original layers, compatibility layer and processed layer)
- Multi-platform availability
- Up to 4 parallel image-processing threads for maximum performance and multi-processor capability
- XML job file support for easy integration into existing workflows
- High level memory management
- User friendly help application and password protection
- Web based user interface for easy remote server control
- Claro Settings Assistant for creating, modifying and personalizing settings in a desktop environment
- Channel Management through "Group Creation"